Any probs? -

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Any probs?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • admin
    Administrator
    • Jun 2002
    • 5001

    #16
    Re: Got probs?

    Originally posted by MikeTimbers
    Well yes, since you ask. Hands up all those who hate their jobs? No, no. I mean really hate their jobs?

    Today just really stank.

    Why are sysadmins so <insert deity of your choice>damned fussy about everything?

    "But this server has only just been taken out of production. The only thing that's changed is that we've deleted all the files stored on the SAN. The OS hasn't been touched."

    "Ah, but we don't know that. The entire system must be re-installed from scratch."

    "And how long will that take?"

    "I don't know. I'm too busy to do it. Have you booked the resources you need?"

    "But I don't need them. You're the one saying this has to be done, not me. And why didn't you say this had to be done when I showed you the implementation plan last week?"

    "We always do it. I didn't write the plan. If you don't know these things, why should I tell you?"

    "But the only people with root access who could have changed anything is you sysadmins!"

    "Well, you might have asked us to change a kernel parameter!"

    "But you would surely not do anything on a production server without an authorised change control."

    "We might have been doing you a favour."

    "I didn't ask you to do anything!"

    "We don't know that."

    " "
    Mike i know JUST wot U mean.
    Last edited by admin; 23-May-2024, 12:52.
    ......if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off......
    Regards
    Dave.

    Comment

    • TDKozan
      Member
      • Jun 2002
      • 610

      #17
      Hey, Mike: Now I know where the BOFH works!

      TK ;>
      Huh?

      Comment

      • MikeTimbers
        Junior Member
        • Jun 2002
        • 69

        #18
        :D

        Actually I wish he did work here. At least he seems to do stuff, rather than just say no.

        Last week I was asked to fill in a form to enable Athene performance logging of a Sunfire. The form required me to provide network diagrams of the entire application, as well as the business functionality! The form also asked for the IP number of the server...

        "Unix sysadmin, please can I have the IP number of my server so I can tell another member of your team what it is so that I can have Athene enabled."

        "No. You don't ever need to use the IP number."

        "Uh, Mr.Athene person. I'm not allowed to know the IP number so I can't tell you."

        "Well, I can't enable Athene then!"

        " "

        Comment

        • TDKozan
          Member
          • Jun 2002
          • 610

          #19
          Suddenly, I feel so much better about my job. . .

          TK ;>
          Huh?

          Comment

          • mum
            Old friends
            • Oct 2005
            • 337

            #20
            Yes me too :cryyying:
            Mum's are best.

            Comment

            • mum
              Old friends
              • Oct 2005
              • 337

              #21
              No all good
              Mum's are best.

              Comment

              • admin
                Administrator
                • Jun 2002
                • 5001

                #22
                VB6 Seems good but if you know different...
                ......if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off......
                Regards
                Dave.

                Comment

                Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                Working...